Thursday, August 5, 2010

Stay at home mother

Being a stay at home mom is a lot different then I thought. I thought I was going to be this super mom who would have a clean home, cook new meals every night, work out, dress cute, and still have a social life. Well, my life is now completely changed!! My house is a mess. The baby's room smells like poppy diapers and breast milk. I haven't made a home cooked meal in 2 weeks. I try to sleep every chance I get. Every 3 hours I am feeding babies, burping, changing diapers, and rocking them back to sleep. That process will take about 1 hour, and I do it 8 times a day. I am so overwhelmed with babies that it is hard to have anytime for myself.

Sometimes I just want to quite, but then I look at these precious little babies and know how much they depend on me. They are God's little children who he has entrusted to my care. I have a new job and it is a lot of work and sacrifice. Being a mother is selfless. But it also has a lot of rewards.

I now have such a respect for all the stay at home mothers in our ward. It is somthing you can never understand until you are one.

No comments:

Post a Comment