Saturday, April 3, 2010

April Fools Day


Growing up, April Fool's Day has always been of our favorite adventures. As children your grandmother would always find some trick to play on us, and we would do silly tricks back. The older we got, the trickier and more thought out our tricks became.

Then I got married and have made it a tradition to always played a trick on your father. Well, I must say this year I played a trick on your daddy that was my best ever!! To make the trick work out perfect, I had to wait until the end of the day. It was really hard for me to be quite about April Fools Day so long. I didn't say anything about tricks all day hoping that your daddy would forgot about it. Then as I was cooking dinner I started concocting my plan.

I got out a zip-lock bag and mixed water, milk, and orange Gatorade. Then I placed this concoction in my pants and called Leif down for dinner. Leif and I both planted food onto our plates as I pretended that by stomach was having a small contraction. As Leif walked over to the dinner table, I quickly opened a small slit in the zip-lock bag. Then as I stated to walk over to the table "my water broke!" This liquid stated to run down both legs and onto the floor. It looked so real, as I was a great actor pretending to be in complete shock. Leif looked at the water braking, I don't know what he was thinking but his face was worried. He mumbled some upsetting words under his breath and helped me over to the couch. I kept think that I was getting milk on the carpet as I sat down on the living-room floor. Leif then darted upstairs and started running around. He quickly got dressed, grabbed his wallet, got his car keys and was about to get on the phone with the hospital. I yelled at him that we just needed to leave. So he approached me with new pants and started to help he get redressed. As Leif was sweetly putting new pants over my feet, I took the zip-lock bag out and yelled, "April Fools".

Leif then look the pants threw them across the room, told me that I needed to clean up my water mess and went into the kitchen to eat. I couldn't stop laughing as I walked into the kitchen. But your sweet daddy didn't want to talk with me. He was upset that I played such a mean trick.

After we both calmed down I asked your daddy what he was thinking and he replied that he was worried we were going to lose you both. That was when I realized that I truly did play a mean trick on your daddy. I told him that I was sorry and that I would continue to take it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment