Friday, September 17, 2010

Air Plane Ride

On September 8th at 5:50 p.m our plane left from Kansas City to Spokane, Washington. I was VERY nervous about taking both of you babies on the plane all by myself. There are so many horrible stories about babies ears popping and they therefore cry the whole plane ride. Well, I thougth Grandma Maughan was going to come to KC and then fly with us back to Spokane. But instead she just paid for our tickets. Savannah got her own ticket at the age of 3 months and 2 weeks. And Micah got to be a lap child. But in the end the plane wasn't full and you both got your own seat.

The hardest part for Mommy was going through security. I had to take you both out of your car-seats and carry you through the security gate. Then I had to put you both back in your car-seats with no help. Every security officer was wanting to help me but couldn't touch either of you or our property.

As we were getting on the plane a really nice lady asked if I needed any help. I accepted and she ended up holding and feeding Micah as the plane was going off. I feed Savannah as the plane when off and therefore neither of your ears popped. You both were awake for most of the flight, but you didn't cry at all.

We then landed in Denver and you both played on a blanket that Mommy laid out for you. Mommy didn't find anyone to help her on the second leg of our trip, but you both slept the whole time and didn't even wake up when we landed. I was so proud of both of you for doing so well on your first airplane ride ever!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment